Ohio State vs Notre Dame

3-0 Ohio State faces off against 4-0 Notre Dame. Hello Readers!If you have looked at my word cloud than you should know that I am an Ohio State fan. If you didnā€™t know, Ohio State is a university in Ohio, USA. But I am an Ohio State Football (American) and recently they played Notre Dame Football (an Indiana University). Ā In case you didnā€™t know, in American football, every time a player either catches the ball in or runs the ball into the end zone, that team scores 6 points. They have a chance then to get an extra point, but thatā€™s not relevant. What is relevant is that instead of scoring a touchdown (described before) they can kick the football between two poles to get 3 points. So in the first quarter no points were scored. It was a defensive and offensive struggle on both sides, and each side kept turning the ball over. In the second quarter, my team, OSU (Ohio State University) scored a field goal (three points between the two poles), and the score was 3-0. In the third quarter OSU scored a touchdown and earned an extra point. The score was 10-0. I felt good about our chances, especially because it was a low scoring game and it seemed like our two scores were just chances that they allowed us but we wouldn’t allow them. But then with 3 minutes left in the 3rd quarter, Notre Dame scored a 1 yard running touchdown. Then they scored a 1 yard passing touchdown in the fourth quarter. Score: 10-14 Notre Dame. I thought we could still score, but we kept turning the ball over. No one scored. Then we had the ball 10 yards from the end zone. But there were seven seconds left. We couldnā€™t do anything with the press defense they were playing. 4 seconds pass, and we get to the 5 yard line. 3 seconds left on the clock. No hope. We bunch up on the snap, and the ball is hiked, handed off andā€¦ ā€¦TOUCHDOWN OHIO STATE! 16-14 Ohio State. We score the extra point. 17ā€™14. But there is still one second on the clock. So we kick off out of bounds, and they get the ball on the 35 yard line. They do some crazy play with lateral throws, but no use. Ohio State wins!

Photos from Ohio State vs. Notre Dame football, Sept. 23, 2023, by Associated Press.

2 thoughts on “Ohio State vs Notre Dame”