Durham Academy 6th Grade Visits Camp Kirkwood

One of my teachers took this

Hello Readers! I am in the 6th grade at Durham Academy, and recently, my class went to a YMCA camp called Camp Kirkwood. We left on August 30th Ā and came back October 1st. We were there for 2 nights, and we did all kinds of fun things. My favorite things areā€¦ the kanga jump which was a giant inflatable trampoline,

Also taken by a teacher of mine.

The pool,

Kirkwood Video Pool

From a video TAKEN BY MY TEACHER

Canoeing,

AHHHHHHHHHH YOU KNOW THE DRILLL

V Swing,

AHHHHHH

Zipline,

Zipline

And Bubbles the pig!

A TEACHER TOOK IT

So at first I didnā€™t think we would go. I thought this because there was a hurricane that was about to hit the camp. But then the day before, the school said we would go. So I packed up that night and barely stuffed all my stuff into a tiny duffel bag (the biggest one we had) and a giant case for a tiny sleeping bag. We got there and had some sandwiches. Then when we got back from lunch, we just hung out. That night a bunch of people in my cabin got sick. And while we were sleeping (or trying to) the rain of the hurricane reigned, like a god snapping the reins of itā€™s chariot (Iā€™m so sorry). When we woke up (or when we were allowed to turn the lights on) the lake had risen so much, one cabin couldnā€™t walk 10 steps out of their door without walking straight into the lake. That day was pretty fun, and we just did a bunch of activities. That evening after dinner though, we got to do something REALLY fun! All the other groups had done the ā€œV-Swingā€ but not us. And since it was so fun, they let us do it while everyone else was doing something else. And it was soooooo fun! I got harnessed to a rope, and then another rope pulled me up really high, and then let go, and I swung around for a long time. I was the only person in my group to go all the way to the top. The next day, we did ziplining over the lake which was super fun. Then it was time to go Home. My friend walker (link below) said that some kids on his bus were trying to summon the singer Ice Spice by putting Taki chips (spicy) in the Ice drink. I was waving to other cars. It was pretty fun!

About Walker